Every school uses some form of external standardized assessment to monitor the overall quality of program offered.
The purpose of using external assessment data is:
- Identify the skills and concepts individual students have learned.
- Diagnose instructional needs.
- Monitor academic growth over time.
- Make data-driven decisions at the classroom, school, and district levels.
- Place new students into appropriate instructional programs. ASFM uses two external standardized tests:
- the Measures of Academic Progress (M.A.P.) and,
- the Evaluación Nacional del Logro Académico en Centros Escolares (ENLACE)