I am Gabriela Gonzalez, the Admissions Coordinator for the American School Foundation of Monterrey. Thank you for your interest in the school. I am the person that will be with you throughout the admissions process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Below I will briefly describe important information about the admissions process.
The American School Foundation of Monterrey (ASFM) welcomes local families and families from around the world.
ASFM is always looking for the most talented and capable students to contribute to the school community, especially for High School. ASFM gives priority in the admissions process to international families, as well as children of ASFM alumni.
Although we are looking to build a competitive and diverse school community, we have limited space in every class. We review each application with care and consideration, reflecting the time and effort you have invested completing the application. In making admission decisions, we consider grades, standardized test scores, extra curricular activities, teachers’ recommendations, the essay, and the potential to contribute to the ASFM community.
The grade levels we offer are Nursery through Grade 12.
See the following chart for application dates:
|Nursery (born between 3/01/2019 and 2/28/2020)||Sep. 9 - Nov. 11, 2022||February 2023|
|BACH 1 / 10th Grade||Sep. 9 - Dec. 9, 2022||January 2023|
|Rest of the Generations||January - April 2023||May 2023|
If you are an international family coming from abroad, we have rolling admissions. Please apply and contact us for more information.
If your child was born on or after March 1, 2019, you are welcome to submit an application for Nursery.
Below is the link for the application.
To start the application process, please read the instructions below:
- Fill the application form (link below)
- For the application you will need to upload the following documents:
- Birth certificate (view specifications here)
- CURP (Required if you are Mexican)
- Photo of applicant (view specifications here)
- Photo of parents' passports (Required)
- Letter of employment (Required)
- Teacher recommendations (Required for students applying PK - 12th)
- Report cards from this year and the previous two years (Required for students applying PK - 12th)
- Essay (for HS)
- Standardized tests (ie MAP, SAT Required for 1st - 12th)
- After the application is complete:
- You will receive an email confirming that the application was submitted.
- If we have an opportunity to invite the applicant for an evaluation, you will receive an email inviting the applicant to make an appointment.
- After the evaluation, you will be notified of the results.