Food Services and Nutrition
Our mission is to guarantee that the school’s food services provide a range of affordable, fresh and nutritious food options through food safety practices, nutrition guidelines and perfect service.
The Food Services and Nutrition department works to develop and strengthen, through educational programs, healthy eating habits to ensure the physical and emotional growth of the ASFM community including students, faculty and staff; to achieve a healthy and successful life as stated in ASFM’s vision.
- 1. How often does a K-12th grade student visit the cafeteria?
- 2. How long is recess and lunch?
- 3. Where can I find the menu for k-5th grade students?
- 4. What may a 6th-12th grader eat?
- 5. Why can’t students buy sodas and specific food snacks?
- 6. What do a typical daily menu consists of? Who designs the menus?
- 7. Who cooks all food offered to students?
- 8. What is the Distintivo H Certification?
- 9. Is it possible to have cafeteria warm the food I bring from home?
- 10. How was the school’s food concessionaire selected?
- 11. How can a 1st-5th grade student interact in cafeteria?
- 12. What are the benefits of participating on a prepaid meal plan (1st-5th grade students)?
- 13. How is a prepaid meal plan experience for a student?
- 14. Which are prepaid meal plan and cashless balance payment options?
- 15. Where can I find the prepaid meal plan and cashless balance menu?
- 16. Does cafeteria sell sports drinks to Elementary students?
- 17. Where can a N-12th grade student drink water?
- 18. What else is done to corroborate water quality and drinkability?
- 19. What is Meatless Monday?
- 20. How’s a Meatless Monday at ASFM?
- 21. What can I do if my question is not answered here?