Middle School & High School
ASFM strives to create a meaningful continuous learning experience regardless of time and place. Learning activities allow students to engage with new learning, practice, discuss or apply learning, and demonstrate knowledge and skills.
Distance Learning Looks Like...
- Learning materials are shared via Unified Classroom.
- Kick off each leaning interval with a welcome video.
- Learning activities may be completed:
- independently online
- collaboratively online, via chat, video conference or other collaborative tools
- Learning activities have a number of purposes:
- allow students to engage with new learning
- practice, discuss or apply learning
- demonstrate knowledge and skills in relation to learning
- Learning connects to current units and standards.
- Assessment tasks enable student to demonstrate their understanding.
Weekly Schedule: Middle School
Weekly Schedule: High School
- Participation in Distance Learning is mandatory
- Staying up to date is your responsibility
- Behavior in the Distance Learning environment is still subject to the ASFM Student Code of Conduct.
- For help, connect with your teacher.
- Establish a daily routine to support your learning.
- Check your email and Unified Classroom frequently.
- Complete assessment tasks on time
- Take breaks, play, rest, be active.
- Communicate proactively with your teachers.
- Be mindful of your workload and wellbeing. If you have any concerns, contact teacher or counsellor.
- Actively participate in your child's Distance Learning experience.
- Check your Students Unified Classroom Portal regularly.
- Feel free to connect with the teachers at any time.
- Be conscious of your child's screen time.
- Ask questions, talk about learning, upcoming deadlines, and workload.
- Help your child develop daily routines.
- Encourage your child to take study breaks and to take part in physical exercise.
- Be mindful of your child’s wellbeing; speak to them regularly about concerns or challenges.
- If there are siblings simultaneously online, choose locations that do not cause noise interference when recording learning or video conferencing.
- Communicate any concerns to your child’s teacher via email.
- If you are not able to be present during the day, consider installing Parent Control Software listed below.
- Norton Family *30 day free trial
- Kaspersky Safe Kids *7 day free trial
- Learning Materials will be posted on Unified Classroom
- Plan learning activities that are easily understood and implemented by students.
- Provide learning activities that include time away from devices.
- Post summative assessments on the ASFM Assignment calendar so colleagues, students and parents can all see them and plan workload accordingly.
- Provide 24 hours notice of any face to face sessions.