Eagles Abroad Program
It is an exciting decision whether or not to study away for a year during Middle School or High School. Students and families need to weigh the pros and cons of temporarily living and studying away from ASFM, friends, and family.
The MSHS Counselors are here to help you in the difficult process, including the decision of participating in the Eagles Abroad program. The application will be online and the dates and requirements will soon be announced by the Admissions Department.
|6th Grade||Ms. Gina Elizondo||10th Grade||Ms. Monica Lopez|
|7th Grade||Ms. Gretchen Curtis||11 & 12 Grades
A - G
|Ms. Alex Brown|
|8th Grade||Ms. Tania Tiquet||11 & 12 Grades
H - Z
|Ms. Luly Treviño|
|9th Grade||Ms. Keneth Ronquillo|
Important things to know:
- Starting this year, the Temporary Leave with scholarships will be determined by a point system based on: GPA, attendance points and community involvement.
- If you have a 3.2 GPA you can apply for a scholarship. There are 30 scholarships available; the scholarship covers 70% of ASFM’s annual tuition cost.
- If you have a 3.0 GPA you are still welcome to participate in the program, however, you will be required to pay 100% of ASFM’s annual tuition cost in order to hold your place.
- Applications will be available online beginning Nov. 1, 2022 through Dec. 16, 2022. Applications that are turned in after the due date of Dec. 16th will not be considered.
- Please note that the school discourages study abroad in 10th or 11th grade, because it can impact the college application process negatively if you are planning to study outside of Mexico.
APPLICATION FORM Nov 1 - Dec 17
ASFM prides itself on the educational methodologies and practices that it uses with its students, therefore temporary leaves are not encouraged. It is our responsibility to ensure that each child is in a position to be successful at ASFM. For this reason, we wish to make informed decisions regarding any request to study at a different institution.
ASFM’s definition of planned temporary leave is an enrolled student being granted permission to study outside of Monterrey for up to one school year. Other leaves are reviewed on a case by case basis. A temporary leave is granted to a child if she or he meets the criteria set by the school. Temporary Leave is granted to a family of a child due to unique circumstances that are beyond his/her control.
More information coming soon