Fixed Fire Suppression System
A fixed fire suppression system is a system permanently installed consisting of alarms, sprinklers, hoses, hydrants and extinguishing agents (water). ASFM’s system will be used to protect learning and common spaces throughout ELEM and MSHS buildings.
Our current fire alarm system warns people when smoke, fire, carbon monoxide or other fire-related emergencies are detected. We have in place fire extinguishers in order to contain smaller incidents and our new fire suppression system will effectively release water through sprinklers in order to control and extinguish any potential considerable fires.
In terms of a financial CAPEX investment this is the biggest project we have undertaken in the last years. Our Board, directors and administrators have taken responsibility, are meeting expectations and are going beyond in order to make this project come to reality.
- Provide an extra layer of protection for students and staff against fire hazards.
- Reduced insurance costs and a reduced risk of damage to ASFM’s facilities in case of a fire.
- Complement to our current fire alarm system.
- Comply with the authorities regulations.
Where We Are - Project Timeline
- 2018 - NOM-009-SEGOB-2015 which establishes the minimum viable measures for prevention and mitigation of risks in educational facilities comes into force.
- 2019 - ASFM requested and underwent an assessment from an external consultancy specialized in safety regulations.
- 2020 - Based on the recommendations from the assessment, ASFM started a bidding process in order to assign a company with the due expertise and experience in developing fire system projects.
- 2021 - Together with the selected provider an executive project was developed in order to meet the required measurements established by local authorities (Protección Civil and STPS) and international authorities (NFPA).
- 2022 - After a bidding process, ASFM started with the construction of the pump room and reservoir tank room as well as the assignation of the contract for a provider to install the infrastructure and equipment for the system within the buildings.
- 2023 - The Fire Suppression System will be in place by May 2023 (projected date).
Our Project Plan
To take responsibility and meet expectations more than ever we need to work together in order to achieve the goals and projected finish date of this project. Our project plan is stated below:
|Building||area / wing||floor||expected start||expected finish||completion|
|elem||Main Hallway / Main Office||1st Floor||Oct. 27, 2022||Nov. 17, 2022|
|ELEM||Main Hallway / Arts / Cafeteria||1st Floor||Oct. 7, 2022||Oct. 21, 2022|
|ELEM||Gym & Mini Gym / Multipurpose / Afterschool / Food Services & Liaison Office||1st Floor||Sep. 21, 202||Oct 11, 2022|
|ELEM||Nursery||1st Floor||Oct. 12, 2022||Oct. 26, 2022|
|PreKinder||1st Floor||Sep. 22, 2022||Oct. 6, 2022|
|ELEM||Kinder||1st Floor||Sep. 9, 2022||Sep. 20, 2022|
|ELEM||1st Grade||1st Floor||Sep. 10, 2022||Sep. 21, 2022|
|ELEM||Library||2nd Floor||Dec. 5, 2022||Dec. 19, 2022|
|ELEM||Hallway||2nd Floor||Dec. 21, 2022||Jan. 4, 2023|
|ELEM||Projection Room / TLC Offices||2nd Floor||Nov. 21, 2022||Dec. 5, 2022|
|ELEM||2nd Grade||2nd Floor||Dec. 6, 2022||Dec. 20, 2022|
|ELEM||3rd Grade||2nd Floor||Nov. 18, 2022||Dec. 2, 2022|
|2nd Floor||Oct. 24. 2022||Nov. 7, 2022|
|ELEM||5th Grade||2nd Floor||Nov. 8, 2022||Nov. 18, 2022|
|MSHS||Main Office / Wellness Center / Auditorium / Choir & Band Room /Blackbox / Library||1st Floor||Feb. 16, 2023||Mar. 21, 2023|
|MSHS||Gymnasium /PE & Afterschool / Weight Room||1st Floor||Jan. 25, 2023||Feb. 15, 2023|
|MSHS||Cafeteria / Audiovisual / Production Studio||1st Floor||Feb. 16, 2023||Mar. 21, 2023|
|MSHS||A-Wing||1st Floor||Feb. 2, 2023||Feb. 16, 2023|
|MSHS||B-Wing||1st Floor||Jan. 18, 2023||Feb. 1, 2023|
|MSHS||C-Wing||1st Floor||Jan. 5, 2023||Jan. 24, 2023|
|MSHS||D-Wing||1st Floor||Dec. 20, 2022||Jan. 17,2023|
|MSHS||Soundbooth & Control Room Auditorium||2nd Floor||Jun. 20, 2023||May 8, 2023|
|MSHS||A-Wing||2nd Floor||Apr. 20, 2023||May 4, 2023|
|MSHS||B-Wing||2nd Floor||Apr. 5, 2023||Apr 19, 2023|
|MSHS||C-Wing||2nd Floor||Mar. 21, 2023||Apr. 4, 2023|
|MSHS||D-Wing||2nd Floor||Mar. 22, 2023||Apr. 5, 2023|
Keep ASFM’s community informed about any relevant information, changes or delays in the project plan or possible inconveniences we might encounter during the execution of the project.
Assure the quality and compliance for the infrastructure being delivered, manufactured and installed within campus.
Ensuring that the project is on time, on budget and within the established scope.
Schedule the work on “non-working hours” during the week and on extended schedules during the weekend in order to keep the impact on school activities as low as possible.
We Need Your Help!
- Note the weeks that this project will impact your spaces. Plan accordingly: store properly any valuable items at the end of each day, plan accordingly your work agenda.
- Report any inconvenience using the appropriate channels here.
Make the necessary arrangements in order to make sure that your area is clear by the scheduled dates and work times.
In terms of safety share with students and parents the benefits this project will have for ASFM’s community. Be an ambassador of this project, raise awareness of the importance of this investment for our school.
What to Expect?
The supplier’s crew will be working from Monday through Friday between 3:00 PM and 11:00 PM, as well as during the weekends between 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM to make this happen. The steps below describe the process to be followed within each of the spaces:
Step 1 - Measurements (Day 0 to Day 4): Some of the ceiling tiles will be removed in order to verify and map out the trajectory of the pipelines for each of the spaces.
Step 2 - Manufacturing (Day 5 to Day 9): Most of the manufacturing work will be held inside the workshop we have enabled in ELEM’s parking lot. Some of the work will involve returning to the spaces and removing additional ceiling tiles including drilling and systems fastening.
Step 3 - Installation (Day 10 to Day 15): The pipelines will be installed within each space, the ceiling tiles will be put back into place.
Aqua Jaker was chosen through a bidding process on which the criteria involved the value proposition as well as previous successful relationships with ASFM. Since 2004, Aqua Jaker has been providing modern, comprehensive solutions and services to meet fire protection needs of their clients. They have worked diligently providing high quality solutions and implementing important projects for institutions such as UANL, Del Sol, Kalos, Iberdrola, among others…
Monterrey, Nuevo León
Installation of Storage Tanks, Installation of Water Treatment Plants, Fire Fighting Systems, Water Purifiers, Drinking Fountains, Coolers, Softeners, Filters, Pumping Equipment, and Water Treatment Plants
Published on September 14, 2022