Edge of Excellence
The ASFM Annual Giving Campaign and Fund is aimed at creating a long-lasting culture of giving through a tradition of parents, alumni and friends taking direct responsibility for the School’s continued success. We want to keep inspiring dreams!
The Annual Giving Campaign was established with the purpose of bringing extra income to the School’s budget and allowing for certain projects to be offered that would otherwise not have become a reality. Donations to the Annual Fund go towards the realization of these new projects. The projects must be completed in a 8-12 month time frame following the end of the Annual Giving Campaign.
Edge of Excellence projects proposed for the Annual Giving Campaign are chosen each year based on a survey from ASFM community, the school’s strategic needs, and the overall needs of student learning. These projects are also developed as a way to further aid in the advancement of ASFM’s mission and vision.
Thanks to the generosity from many donors to our Annual Giving Campaigns, eight new state-of-the-art spaces have been added to ASFM since the beginning of this initiative!
Five spaces funded with the 2016-2017 campaign:
- Flexible Learning Space - A multidisciplinary space, configured in a number of ways to facilitate modern learning methods.
- Creative Play Space - An enhanced playground with natural landscaping where kids can explore, create, and play.
- Maker Pod - A workshop where students and teachers bring ideas to reality through the constructing of tangible prototypes using real-world materials and tools.
- Amphitheater - An outdoor theater for all kinds of school presentations and celebrations.
- STEM Lab - A state of the art laboratory where students can learn about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
Three new innovative spaces funded with the 2017-2018 campaign:
- Business Incubator - A flexible work space for students, teachers and alumni to connect, collaborate, mentor and develop ideas into products and/or services.
- Eco Patios - Outdoor patio areas that combine natural landscaping with educational facilities.
- Sensory Motor Gym - An educational space that provides personalized sensory input and promotes cognitive development by increasing brain function in fun ways.
The following three new projects will be funded by the 2018-2019 Annual Giving Campaign:
- Alternative Energy Systems - Models of environmental sustainability for the community using alternative sources of energy that are intended to help diminish our carbon footprint and global warming.
- Audiovisual Production Studios - Studio where students will be able to develop a variety of audiovisual productions from recordings to podcasts, to films, to endless creative possibilities.
- Adventure Challenge Course - A series of individual and group obstacles designed to challenge students to work together as a team and explore risk taking, leadership and communication skills.
The Annual Giving Campaign is a 6-week long effort by the community and for the community that is led by a team of ASFM Parents and the Alumni and Development office. The 2018-2019 campaign will take place from October 1st to November 9th, 2018.
We are positive that being a part of this wonderful campaign will fill you with Eagle pride and satisfaction.