Board Members - 2017-2018
Jorge Cárdenas L.
Eugenio Garza y Garza
Financial Investment CommitteeGoals of the Committee:
- Ensures congruence between the monthly financial reports and the budget.
- Analyzes and proposes to the board the yearly operational budget and the capital projects.
- Guarantees endowment fund compliance according with the ASFM investment policy statement.
Auditing CommitteeGoals of the Committee:
- Ensures compliance with all our legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements.
- Guarantees effective and on-time audits.
- Reports to the Board all audit findings.
- Detects and analyzes opportunities for continuous improvement in all school business processes.
Nominations and Governance CommitteeGoal of the Committee:
- Recommends to the board policies and processes designed to provide for effective and efficient governance, including but not limited to policies for:
- Election and reelection of board members.
- Board orientation, training and evaluation.
- Succession planning for the board chair and other board officers.
- Reviews and recommends a position description detailing responsibilities of and expectations for board members and the board officers.
- Recommends nominees for election and reelection to the board. To facilitate this responsibility, the committee will:
- Conduct a “gap analysis” to identify succession planning/recruitment needs.
- Develop and regularly update a list of potential board members regardless of whether a current vacancy exists.
- Ensures a process for vetting the fitness of prospective nominees.
- Nominates board officers for election by the full board.
- Reviews the corporate bylaws annually and recommending any needed changes to the full board.
- Advises management on plans for board development, including new member orientation and training of board members.
- Ensures the board’s self-assessment and improvement process every year.
Compensation CommitteeGoals of the Committee:
- Ensures that reward policies are aligned to the ASFM strategy, philosophy and practice guidelines.
- Ensures that the organizational design is in line with the strategic intent of the ASFM.
- Changes to policy governing base pay, incentives, benefit architecture and headcount, should be noted by the Board Compensation Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.