Dear ASFM community,
I would like to thank those parents who joined me this week in the four “Coffees with the Superintendent.” I enjoyed sharing with you information regarding what we know, what we don’t know, and our tentative plans for the future. It was also a pleasure to answer your specific questions regarding the DLP, the end of this school year, tuition payments, the temporary financial relief application process, and the possible reopening strategies for August.
From these four informative conversations, I gathered the following key take-aways:
- Many families feel that the DLP is going well and are highly appreciative of the school, the teachers, and the teamwork we have created.
- There were many expressions of gratitude towards the school leaders and towards teachers.
- Families and students are eager to hear more about how we will bring closure to this school year and everything that is typically involved with finishing a school year.
- All families and all children represent unique situations and realities, and as a school we need to continue to offer support in multiple forms to meet their needs.
- MSHS students find it easier to manage their distance learning than ELEM students.
- Parents also find it easier to have older children engaged in distance learning as compared to their younger children.
- This COVID-19 pandemic and resulting contingency is complex and new for everyone (parents, students, and staff) and we must trust that we are all doing our best all the time.
- Families are apprehensive about the future as it pertains to school re-opening, the economy, expenses, health risks, social/physical distancing, and distance learning.
Having access to this valuable input from our stakeholders coupled with the feedback we received from the recent Cognia Distance Learning surveys has enabled me and my team to continue working hard to meet your needs as a community. Thank you!
In closing, I would like to wish all of our ASFM Moms a very Happy Mothers day on Sunday. You truly are the glue that keeps our families together!! Have a great day and let yourselves be spoiled all day long!!
Take care, stay safe and don’t forget to watch my weekly video where I talk about Serenity, Courage and Wisdom. As always, please feel free to reach out to me personally if you have a question, doubt, positive comment, or concern; or if you want to just say hello.
Dr. Michael W. Adams